Riverdale Ranch Second Annual Limousin Sale
You cannot find a program any more hospitable than the Riverdale Ranch crew. The Barksdales along with Jim and Robbie Jolley and their families put on a fine display of southern hospitality. Everyone that attended the sale was greeted with a warm smile, firm handshake and the guarantee that they were going to be treated right. This exceptional customer service translated into a strong sale of Limousin and Lim-Flex® females and a few select bulls. The sale grossed $117,306 as 49 Limousin and Lim-Flex lots averaged $2,394.
- 49 Lots grossed $117,306 = $2,394 (avg.)
- Semen packages from EXLR Review grossed $20,250
- 25 Opens grossed $64,100 = $2,564 (avg.)
- 14 Breds grossed $28,854 = $2,061 (avg.)
- 6 Embryos grossed $4,800 = $800 (avg.)
- 5 Bulls grossed $7,800 = $1,560 (avg.)
- 4 Pairs grossed $11,300 = $2,825 (avg.)
Sale Photos (click for larger view)
$20,250 – Lot 1 | EXLR Review 7153R - 4/1/05 red, homo polled son of AUTO Black Dakota 129J x EXLR 199H (Wulfs Fanfare).
- $7,500 – Lot 10 | RVDR Ultra Fine 214U (Lim-Flex 37) – 10/15/08 homo black, homo polled daughter of Dr J Analyst M250 x FULC 900R (JCL Lodestar). Buyer: Etherton Farms (Dawson, IL).
- $3,000 – Lot 30 | RVDR Unclaimed 8209U (Lim-Flex 25) – 10/10/08 homo black, double polled daughter of Bon View New Design 878 x EXG Ms Rhonda 1519R RVDR (Sedgewood EXT). Buyer: Express Ranches (Yukon, OK).
- $3,000 – Lot 26 | RVDR Ultra Annie 2802U (Lim-Flex 50) – 10/7/08 homo black, double polled daughter of MYTTY In Focus x MCBN Mazie 702M (AUTO Black Dakota). Buyer: Edwards Land & Cattle Co. (Beulaville, NC).
- $2,750 – Lot 17 | RVDR Ultra Red 3810U (Lim-Flex 50) – 10/18/08 red, homo polled daughter of EF Smack Down 764S x BGRR Ms Madison (CCF Traveler). Buyer: Wies Limousin Ranch (Wellsville, MO).
- $2,750 – Lot 27 | RVDR Ultra Anna (Lim-Flex 50) – 10/1/08 double black, double polled daughter of MYTTY In Focus x BGRR Heart (LVLS Unforgiven). Buyer: Davis Limousin Ranch (Brownwood, TX).
- $4,500 – Lot 53 | RVDR Ultimate Dixie 1802U (Lim-Flex 25) – 1/15/08 homo black, homo polled daughter of G A R Predestined x SSTO Starla 6803S (JCL Lodestar). Sold bred to EF Tune Up. Buyer: P Bar S Ranch (Sand Springs, OK).
- $4,000 – Lot 50 | RVDR Ulene (Lim-Flex 25) – 4/2/08 homo black, homo polled daughter of G A R Predestined x COLE 147S (COLE First Down). Sold bred to EXLR Excellante. Buyer: Express Ranches (Yukon, OK).
- $4,000 – Lot 49 | BOHI Risque 255R (Lim-Flex 50) – 9/12/05 black, double polled daughter of BR Midland x ANLC Mandy Ray 2141M (EXLR Dakota). Sold bred to EF Tune Up. Buyer: Hayhook Limousin (Lexington, OK).
- $2,600 – Lot 47 | PLD BLK Amber Krug 103 – 9/3/04 black, polled daughter of RADS Black Prodigy x SOGF Amber Krug 264B (Goldenview Kruggerand). Sold bred to EF Tune Up. Buyer: Englewood Farms (Lancaster, KY).
- $2,500 – Lot 48 | EXG Ruby 132R RVDR – 1/29/05 red, homo polled daughter of EXLR New Generation 071M x SSVL 302H (Cane Ridge Blockade). Sold with newborn calf at side sired by G A R Predestined. Buyer: CC’s Delight Limousin (Jacksonville, MO).
- $3,800 – Lot 40 + 40A | RVDR Melody Mae 559M - 12/3/02 homo black, polled daughter of SVL Hard Rock 420J HBHP x NP Polled Melody MS 559F (CHR Gold Olympus). Sold with 3/22/09 double black, double polled Lim-Flex heifer calf sired by BC 7022 Raven 7965. Buyer: Gothard Farms (Cookeville, TN).
- $3,400 – Lot 42 + 42A | EXG Petula 319P RVDR – 3/15/04 double black, polled daughter of Sedgewood EXT H235 x BGRR Lila (EXLR Connection). Sold with 3/22/09 double black, double polled Lim-Flex heifer calf sired by MAGS Scotland. Buyer: Rafter 4L Limousin (Picayune, MS).
- $1,800 – Lot 9 | RVDR Unconditional 215U (Lim-Flex 25) - 10/16/08 homo black, homo polled son of MYTTY In Focus x Logans 903R (EXLR New Generation). Buyer: D & C Cattle Co. (West, MS).
- $1,600 – Lot 8 | RVDR Ugo 208U (Lim-Flex 25) – 10/13/08 homo black, homo polled son of MYTTY In Focus x Logan’s 903R (EXLR New Generation). Buyer: D & C Cattle Co. (West, MS).
- $1,550 – Lot 14 | RVDR United 2824U (Lim-Flex 50) – 10/20/08 black, polled son of MYTTY In Focus x SLF Liptstick 175L (SOGF Total). Buyer: D&C Cattle Co. (West, MS).
Riverdale Ranch will host their Second Annual Limousin Production Sale October 31, 2009 at the ranch near West, MS. The Barksdale family, Jim and Robbie Jolley and their families have assembled one of the finest registerd Limousin and Lim-Flex herds in the country. Scroll through the offering; you’ll notice a little of something for everyone. Not to mention quality that can be found from the beginning to end.
60 registered Limousin and Lim-Flex seedstock will be offered up at auction. Highlights include: semen packages out of an exciting new herd sire, embryos, and a few select herd sire prospects. Check out the catalog online below. Click on any pic in the gallery below for a larger view.
- When: Saturday, October 31 – 1:00 p.m. (CST)
- Where: At the ranch, West, MS
- Sale Day Phone: 615/330-2735 (Randy Ratliff) -or- 615/406-5766 (Thad Combs) -or- 601/573-8613 (Jim Jolley) -or- 601/942-3433 (Robbie Jolley)
- Catalog Request: 615/330-2735 (Randy Ratliff) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selling semen packages on EXLR Review 7153R, Riverdale’s exciting red, homo polled herd sire
- Many outstanding bred cows and a select set of embryos will be offered in this sale
- Complimentary lunch will be served Saturday at 11:00 a.m.