Vorthmann Limousin – Focus on Family Values VIII Sale
A strong group of cattlemen and juniors visited the Vorthmann farm near Treynor, Iowa for the Focus on Family Values VIII Sale, September 25. Although the weather was a bit rude with stormy accommodations, the Vorthmann family was not. Sale participants had a great time of fellowship and lunch was excellent. The cattle were in good rig – as per usual with the Vorthmann program. Buyers especially took to the show heifer prospects, as they paced the sale with a $1,860 average. The entire sale grossed $30,850 as 24 Limousin lots averaged $1,285.
- 24 Limousin lots grossed $30,850 = $1,285 (avg.)
- 5 Open heifers grossed $9,300 = $1,860 (avg.)
- 7 Bred heifers grossed $9,700 = $1,386 (avg.)
- 6 Bred cows grossed $7,100 = $1,183 (avg.)
- 6 Steers grossed $4,750 = $792 (avg.)
Sale Photos (click for larger view)
- $3,000 – Lot 003X | VL Xceptional – 1/15/10 double black, double polled daughter of VL Stock Trader x Cane Ridge Eve 9807J (Cane Ridge Black Drak). Buyer: Snowy Hill Cattle Co. (Beaver City, NE).
- $2,900 – Lot 034X | VL Xcitable - 3/14/10 double black, polled daughter of RMKR Smirnoff x VORD Lizzy 109L (DVFC Cookie Monster). Buyer: Bosch Limousin (Indianola, IA).
- $1,800 – Lot 004X | VL Xstacy – 1/17/10 double black, horned daughter of VL U-B Jammin’ x VL Roni 531R (TUBB Law Dog). Buyer: Myron Leonard (Lamoni, IA).
Bred Cows & Heifers:
- $2,000 – Lot 540R | VL Ryden 540R – 3/29/05 black, double polled daughter of Wulfs Konway 5974K x VORD Jasmine (Wulfs Quarterback). Buyer: Lammert Farms (Treynor, IA).
- $1,800 – Lot 916W | VL Warm Feeling – 3/2/09 double black, double polled son of VL Stock Trader x VL Rochelle 522R (Wulfs John Hancock). Buyer: Patton Farms (Ohio).
- $1,500 – Lot 911W | VL Whitley - 2/20/09 double black, double polled son of VL Stock Trader x VORT Jelly Bean (CHAZ First Choice). Buyer: Bosch Limousin (Indianola, IA).
- $950 – Lot 029X | 3/8/10 black, polled steer. RMKR Smirnoff x VORT Penelope 403P. Buyer: Brandt Moore (Council Bluffs, IA).
- $950 – Lot 030X | 3/8/10 black, polled steer. RMKR Smirnoff x VORD Kristen 027K. Buyer: Brandt Moore (Council Bluffs, IA).
- $750 – Lot 017X | 2/15/10 black, polled son of RUNL Travis x VL Upscale 803U. Buyer: Rick Ravlin (Underwood, IA).
There may not be a more inviting, warm atmosphere to purchase Limousin cattle this fall than the Vorthmann Limousin Focus on Family Values VIII Sale. The Vorthmann family – Roger & Ann, Deb, Chad & Garin, and Erica & Josh Shipman – welcomes juniors and fellow cattlemen to their farm September 25 for their eighth private treaty sale. The sale is titled and formatted to showcase family. Both as it applies to the Vorthmann family and the genuine relationships with their customers as well as the powerful cow-families that make up the VL herd.
50 lots will be offered, including the cream of the 2010 calf crop. Highlights include: 6 herd sire prospects, 27 open show-heifer prospects, cow-calf pairs, and bred females. Check out the catalog and picture gallery below.
**Special Note: Vorthmann Limousin is proud to sponsor one of the “Lucky 7 Females.” The “Lucky 7″ program will be used to raise money for the 2012 NALJA Limousin Show to be held in Des Moines, IA. Vorthmann Limousin will be donating one of seven bred heifers to be raffled off in support of the show. Tickets can be purchased for $100/chance and only 777 tickets total will be sold. Winner will be drawn at the 2012 Iowa Beef Expo. No other fundraiser will be used to host the show. Contact Ann or Roger for more information.
- When: Saturday, September 25 – Bids close at 2:00 p.m. (CST)
- Where: At The Farm, Treynor, IA
- Sale Day Phone: 712/566-2863 (Roger and Ann) -or- 402/981-1621 (Roger Cell) -or- 402/515-7714 (Deb)
- 10% discount on all VL semen inventory sale day, bring semen tanks to take advantage
- Enjoy the warm VL hospitality and relaxed sale atmosphere
- Complimentary brisket lunch will be served – snacks served all day
Sale Catalog & Featured Lots
Click on catalog below for larger view
[issuu layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Fdark%2Flayout.xml showflipbtn=true documentid=100907140623-b89ca2e61d1d427396518cdd4c1fe350 docname=2010_vorthmann_limousin_sale username=LimousinLive loadinginfotext=2010%20Vorthmann%20Limousin%20Family%20Values%20VIII%20Sale width=600 height=388 unit=px]