3rd Annual Massey Limousin Production Sale
People packed the bleachers at the new Massey Limousin sale facility September 3; driving the third annual sale to a $2,860 average. It was tough to discern which was warmer: the Massey family hospitality or the temperature outside. Summer stuck around for at least one more day as temps teetered near 100 degrees all across Kentucky. A standout group of Limousin and Lim-Flex® females gave breeders and commercial ranchers the opportunity to add key breeding pieces to their herds. Heifer pregnancies stole the show, averaging $3,800 on five lots. Another event highlight was the delicious barbecue lunch – hamburgers, pork loin, beans, coleslaw, and an assortment of desserts were crowd favorites.
- 62 Limousin and Lim-Flex® lots grossed $177,300 = $2,860 (avg.)
- 31 Breds grossed $84,300 = $2,719 (avg.)
- 19 Pairs grossed $57,300 = $3,016 (avg.)
- 7 Opens grossed $16,700 = $2,386 (avg.)
- 5 Heifer pregnancies grossed $19,000 = $3,800 (avg.)
- 27 Embryos grossed $7,100 = $263 (avg.)
- $10,000 – Lot 15 | LVLS 3615W – 2/12/09 homo black, double polled Lim-Flex 25 daughter of MYTTY In Focus x LVLS 3615S (LVLS New Design 9109). Fall bred. PE: BOHI Titleist or MAGS Why. Buyer: Lone Oak Limousin (Magnolia, KY).
- $8,000 – Lot 16B | MAGS Snowflake - 9/1/06 black, homo polled Lim-Flex 50 daughter of BR Midland x ANLC Maggie May 2112M (Wulfs John Hancock). Fall bred to Wulfs Titus. Buyer: Brown Land & Cattle (Diamond, MO).
- $6,000 – Lot 60 | DPBN Vegas 1W – 10/1/09 homo black, double polled purebred daughter of Wulfs Shop Talk x DFLC HBHPC 1S (JCL Lodestar). Spring bred. AI: CALO Brickyard. PE: LVLS 3202U. Buyer: P Bar S Ranch (Sand Springs, OK).
- $4,000 – Lot 36 | LVLS Wonderful Tonight 9164 – 1/15/09 double black, double polled Lim-Flex 25 daughter of Basin Max 602C x LVLS 9164N (LVLS Maverick 753G). Fall bred. PE: BOHI Titleist or MAGS Why. Buyer: P Bar S Ranch (Sand Springs, OK).
- $4,000 – Lot 16A | MAGS Speedy Gonzales – 9/2/06 black, polled Lim-Flex 50 daughter of BR Midland x ANLC Maggie May 2112M (Wulfs John Hancock). Fall bred. PE: MAGS Why. Buyer: Jepson Limousin (Franklin, KY).
- $4,000 – Lot 16C | MAGS Steffi Graff - 9/2/06 black, homo polled Lim-Flex 50 daughter of BR Midland x ANLC Maggie May 2112M (Wulfs John Hancock). Fall bred. PE: Wulfs Titus. Buyer: Jepson Limousin (Franklin, KY).
- $10,500 – Lot 12 & 12a | MAGS Tamra (half interest) – 3/2/07 homo black, homo polled Lim-Flex 50 daughter of AUTO Dollar General 122R x HA Patsy 1121 (Twin Valley Precisione). Sold with Lim-Flex 50 embryo calf heifer calf sired by TC Aberdeen x MAGS Udele 1668U. Buyer: Milam Cattle Co. (Olmstead, KY) & Edwards Land & Cattle (Beulaville, NC).
- $7,500 – Lot 13 & 13a | PBRS Tainted Love 257T (half interest) – 4/10/07 black, homo polled Lim-Flex 50 daughter of JCL Lodestar x Sedgwicks Pride 7984 (MC Cumber 204 Mr Wix). Sold with Lim-Flex 75 bull calf sired by BOHI Titlelist. Buyer: Edwards Land & Cattle (Beulaville, NC).
- $3,500 – Lot 43 & 43a | Miss Sweet Lady 04S – 10/6/06 double black, homo polled Lim-Flex 75 daughter of KRVN Naskar 013N x GJ Lady Flex Down 81 (Logan’s Dual Run). Sold with Lim-Flex 63 bull calf sired by MAGS Teddie. Buyer: Counsil Family Limousin (Madisonville, TX).
- $4,000 – Lot 2 | CJLM 903X – 9/10/10 homo black, homo polled daughter of MYTTY In Focus x Logan’s 903R (EXLR New Generation). Buyer: Brown Land & Cattle (Diamond, MO).
- $3,500 – Lot 9 | MAGS Xuthus - 10/5/10 homo black, homo polled daughter of SAV 004 Predominant 4438 x MAGS Raphaela (Summitcrest High Prime). Buyer: Jepson Limousin (Franklin, KY).
- $3,000 – Lot 3 | CJLM 408X - 9/10/10 black, polled Lim-Flex 50 daughter of BR Midland x LVLS 408H. Buyer: Jepson Limousin (Franklin, KY).
- $16,000 – Lot 10 a,b,c,d | Heifer Calf Pregnancies – Due October 27, 2011. Double black, double polled daughters of BC 7022 Raven 7965 x AUTO Rebeca 292S (LESF Asphalt). Buyer: Pinegar Limousin (Springfield, MO).
With a new sale location and momentum from their two previous sales, the Massey family is holding their 3rd Limousin Production Sale, September 3. This year’s event will be hosted at the farm just outside of London, Kentucky. What started as a junior show heifer project in 1992 has blossomed into 200+ registered cows with another 100 recipient cows for an extensive embryo transplant program. Study the catalog, it will quickly become evident that the high-caliber cattle offered in this sale are the direct result of this progressive breeding program.
66 lots + 27 embryos will be offered. There’s something here for everyone – from donors to breds to pairs. Browse the sale catalog and featured lots below!
- When: Saturday, September 3 – 1:00 p.m. (EST)
- Where: At the farm, London, KY
- Sale Day Phone: 615/330-2735 (Randy Ratliff) | 606/682-2126 (Joey Massey) | 606/309-2265 (Melissa Massey) | 606/682-2125 (Donnie Massey)
- Catalog Request: 615/330-2735 (Randy Ratliff) | email@example.com
- Friday, September 2 – Noon: Refreshments & cattle available for review
- Embryos, pick of four heifer pregnancies, and donor prospects highlight the sale
- Complimentary lunch served at Noon, September 3
2009 Production Sale Highlights
[issuu layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Fdark%2Flayout.xml showflipbtn=true documentid=110811151005-d08127588fcb418b94f7e3c29517454e docname=third_annual_massey_limousin_production_sale username=LimousinLive loadinginfotext=3rd%20Annual%20Massey%20Limousin%20Production%20Sale tag=kentucky width=600 height=388 unit=px]