Bar JZ Ranches 58th Annual Bull Sale
The Zilverbergs had a picture perfect day for their 58th Annual Production Sale in their new location at the state-of-the-art Thomas Ranch Sale Facility, which is just 5 miles west of the Bar JZ home ranch. For a region of the country with so much anxiety this spring, the weather on April 21st was exceptionally enjoyable.
Bar JZ Ranches is a founding member of the North American Limousin Foundation and have been producing Limousin and Lim-Flex cattle for nearly 40 years. In addition the Zilverberg family has been producing Hereford seedstock for nearly 70 years. Their sale offering was well received with many repeat buyers along with some new customers competing for the bulls. The following is a sale report as provided by the Zilverberg family:
- 70 Total Limousin and Polled Hereford lots grossed $178,480 = $2,550 (avg.)
- 40 Yearling Limousin & Lim-Flex bulls grossed $85,480 = $2,137 (avg.)
- 30 Yearling Polled Hereford bulls grossed $93,000 = $3,100 (avg.)
Sale Photos (click for larger view)
- $3600 – Lot 33 | Bar JZ Justice 139U – 4/2/08 double polled, double black son of MR Syes R Just 502P and out of a JCL Lodestar daughter. Buyer: Lee Kleinschmidt (Harrold, SD).
- $3,100 – Lot 76 | Bar JZ Focal Point 060U (Lim-Flex 37) – 3/7/08 black, double polled son of Mytty In Focus and out of an Enticer dam. Buyer: David Salathe (Harrold, SD).
- $3,100 – Lot 89 | Bar JZ Focused 028U (Lim-Flex 46) – 3/10/08 double black, polled son of Mytty In Focus and out of a Rambler dam. Buyer: Mike Will (Delmont, SD).
- $3,000 – Lot 69 | Bar JZ Timberline 737U (86%) – 3/23/08 black, polled son of WZRK Timber Wolf 843P out of an Enticer 660M dam. Buyer: Treftz Limousin (Wetonka, SD).
- $3,000 – Lot 71 | Bar JZ Justice 140U (Lim-Flex 68) – 4/2/08 double black, double polled son of Mr Syes R Just 502P out of an Alliance C902 dam . Buyer: Chuck Weber (Dimock, SD).